Organisational design. This course consists of 2 x 3 hour sessions on 26 and 27 July (9am - 12pm AEST).
Organisational design aims to identify the optimal form for a group to fulfil its purpose and strategy so it can achieve its intended outcomes. Organisational design is a systematic, strategy-centric and data-driven approach to defining an organisational structure that will achieve role clarity, effective collaboration between roles and teams, and contribute towards a positive organisational culture.
This course provides a conceptual framework for organisational design as well as steps through a methodology that can be applied to large-scale transformation initiatives, all the way through to BAU restructures. It also provides learners with a toolkit with which to approach organisational design initiatives.
This course focuses on the specific challenges faced within the private and public sectors with regards to organisational design and considers how best to navigate fast-changing competitor and stakeholder landscapes/complex policy and reform imperatives to ensure the best organisational design outcomes
Key learning Outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Understand a conceptual model that explains the connection between strategy, operating model and organisational design
- Understand and apply a practical methodology for running an effective organisational design project
- Select and apply tools from the Organisational Design Toolkit
- Identify ways to analyse and present data that creates an evidence-base for organisational design
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for HR professionals:
- with 4+ years’ experience
- who are working in medium to large organisations, and
- who are seeking an in-depth understanding of organisational design and practical tools for implementation.
Note: For those HR professionals who work in small organisations (i.e. less than 50 employees), it is recommended that you enrol in the AHRI 'Job Analysis and Job Redesign' course.
How it works
Course duration: Equivalent to one-day course
Delivery mode: Virtual facilitator-led workshops delivered via Zoom by an expert HR and business professional. This delivery mode provides engaging, interactive learning and the opportunity to connect with other learners.
Learner effort: 2 x 3 hour live sessions over one week
CPD Points: 7
AHRI Members: $595.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 239 642