Working at AHRI
About the Australian HR Institute
The Australian HR Institute (AHRI) is the national association representing human resource and people management professionals. We have around 20,000 members from Australia and across the globe.
The team at AHRI:
- Set the professional standard for HR in Australia through HR certification program
- Provide education and training services in HR, people management and business skills
- Produce world-class conferences - including our biggest annual event, the AHRI National Convention
- Hold seminars and networking opportunities all over Australia
- Commend excellence in HR practice across Australia through the highly regarded AHRI Awards.
AHRI is owned by its members and is governed by a Board of Directors with a Council of State Presidents.
AHRI is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
The AHRI Team
There are over 50 people working at AHRI in areas including professional development, member services, sales, business development, marketing, communications, government relations, research, administration, event management, web development and corporate services (finance, IT, etc.).
We live our brand values of being genuine, bold, visionary and proud in all of our interactions and activities.
Why join the team at AHRI?
While the AHRI team is focused on the serious business of growing the HR profession in Australia, working at AHRI we also enjoy a friendly, collaborative and personable workplace culture. We take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our members and customers.
Our office located on Bourke Street, Melbourne, is modern, light filled and open plan, with some pleasant breakout areas and great kitchen facilities.
The social committee is active with a range of activities, dumplings for Chinese New Year, a Xmas in July lunch, and a group of Red Cross blood donors, and an end of year celebration, and more. Our team also enjoys a weekly fresh fruit delivery and cake for every month to celebrate birthdays.
We are able to provide flexible work arrangements depending on the needs of your role. This means we have flexible start times, part-time work arrangements and working remotely when required.
Working at AHRI also provides plenty of professional development opportunities as well as HR and management training, and attending our own events!
Member Career Partner
- Do you have strong inbound and outbound customer service experience combined with the ability to engage with members and grow a portfolio?
- Are you interested in shaping the HR profession for the future?
- Want to work in a fantastic team and service delivery environment in a CBD location?
- Full time or part time opportunity
The Member Career Partner will be responsible for:
- Proactively engaging with HR professionals throughout Australia to drive membership registrations and promote engagement
- Delivering exceptional service to our members, through inbound and outbound phone calls and emails by verbalising the value of being a member
- Working within the membership acquisition plan consisting of call and conversion KPI's and reporting methodologies, in conjunction with the Manager, Member Career Support
- Having a clear understanding and ability to educate and inform members and prospects of all products, services and opportunities available to all membership categories
- Providing opportunities or insights to new and existing members, ensuring they are maximizing their membership benefits
- Participating and enhancing the member engagement initiatives and strategy.
AHRI is seeking to build our team of facilitators to meet the demand for people wanting to attain AHRI certification.
The facilitators will lead the AHRI Practising Certification program (APC) on a contract basis across capital cities in Australia. We are seeking expressions of interest from qualified facilitators who have flexibility to be part of a pool to be scheduled during 2018/2019.
Facilitators will be responsible for delivering the APC program which entails academic coordination, program delivery and assessment. The APC program runs over four full day workshops per unit per 12 week trimester.
- Must hold a post-graduate qualification in Human Resources Management
- Extensive HR industry experience - minimum 10 years
- Proven experience in facilitation and assessment in adult learning setting
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Willingness to undertake HR professional certification (CPHR, FCPHR, CAHR, FCAHR)
- Worked as an HR professional in a diverse range of industry sectors
- Certified HR Practitioner - CPHR (Certified Practitioner Human Resources) or FCPHR (Fellow Certified Practitioner Human Resources).
- Previous experience in teaching in higher education programs
How to apply
- APC program: Program Information Guide
- Contact Toula Filoksotas on 03 9918 9229 or Kim Schofield 0411 090 765
Volunteering with AHRI
Professional members receive free professional indemnity insurance as part of their membership.
Did you know...
That AHRI is representing 21,000 HR professionals from Australia and around the globe?
70 YEARS OF HR IN AUSTRALIA
In 2013, AHRI celebrated 70 years as an institute. In HRmonthly magazine, we reflect on how the profession has evolved.