Working at AHRI
About the Australian HR Institute
The Australian HR Institute (AHRI) is the national association representing human resource and people management professionals. We have around 20,000 members from Australia and across the globe.
The team at AHRI:
- Set the professional standard for HR in Australia through HR certification program
- Provide education and training services in HR, people management and business skills
- Produce world-class conferences - including our biggest annual event, the AHRI National Convention
- Hold seminars and networking opportunities all over Australia
- Commend excellence in HR practice across Australia through the highly regarded AHRI Awards.
AHRI is owned by its members and is governed by a Board of Directors with a Council of State Presidents.
The AHRI Team
There are over 50 people working at AHRI in areas including professional development, member services, sales, business development, marketing, communications, government relations, research, administration, event management, web development and corporate services (finance, IT, etc.).
We live our brand values of being genuine, bold, visionary and proud in all of our interactions and activities.
Why join the team at AHRI?
While the AHRI team is focused on the serious business of growing the HR profession in Australia, working at AHRI we also enjoy a friendly, collaborative and personable workplace culture. We take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our members and customers.
Our office located on Bourke Street, Melbourne, is modern, light filled and open plan, with some pleasant breakout areas and great kitchen facilities.
The social committee is active with a range of activities, dumplings for Chinese New Year, a Xmas in July lunch, and a group of Red Cross blood donors, and an end of year celebration, and more. Our team also enjoys a weekly fresh fruit delivery and cake for every month to celebrate birthdays.
We are able to provide flexible work arrangements depending on the needs of your role. This means we have flexible start times, part-time work arrangements and working remotely when required.
Working at AHRI also provides plenty of professional development opportunities as well as HR and management training, and attending our own events!
Work in the Marketing and Communications Team with Carmen, Mi Fon, Rruta, Sasha and Alex.
We are looking for a talented Graphic Designer with 5 + years’ experience to create and add value to our design work.
Be a brand ambassador; design amazing print, online and digital assets; and be creative in our advertising and promotion space. If you want to create great work that engages our market, and you take the quality of your work seriously, you’ll fit right in.
Whilst working closely with the Marketing and Communications Team, you will have responsibility and accountability for the art direction, conceptualisation, management and execution of all print, online and digital design projects from brief to initial concept through to finished artwork.
You’ll enjoy working across the entire organisation creating design assets for events, research projects, education and training, member services, our corporate services areas, and more.
Alongside your manager you will play a lead role in ensuring that all print, online and digital assets positively reflect the AHRI brand.
If you have 5+ years design experience and believe you have:
- Strong experience with the suite of Adobe design programs, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proven experience with the delivery of print and online design assets from start to end, within tight timeframes
- Understanding of different marketing channels (online, print, social, etc.) and their use
- Experience with updating online content and images via CMS
- Experience with coordinating photographers and video content producers (ie briefing, develop run sheets, onsite coordination, etc)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Good project management skills with a strong attention to detail, and;
- Customer focused work style with the ability to meet expectations and project requirements.
... we’d love to hear from you.
Work in the Events Team with Chris, Fuxin, Lena and Anita.
We are looking for a talented Events Coordinator with 2 -5 years’ experience to coordinate, support and manage a number of events on the AHRI calendar.
Work closely with an amazing team who constantly juggle a number of events – over 70 per year – ensuring each event is planned well, managed within budget, delivered on the day and receives positive feedback from attendees.
You will have responsibility and accountability for the delivery of a number of events across Australia ensuing end to end coordination as well as assisting with the on-site management of at least 10 major events per year, including AHRI’s flagship event, the National Convention and Exhibition.
Alongside your manager you will play a lead role in ensuring state councils and volunteer committees delivering a number of network events are well supported with strong administrative skills.
If you have 2 to 5+ years events experience and believe you have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in coordinating professional development or business events
- Ability to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and show initiative
- Experience using Microsoft Office and database systems
- Ability to adapt to meet the demands of the role and the needs of the business
- Ability to interact confidently with clients and colleagues in a team environment
... we’d love to hear from you.
Volunteering with AHRI
Professional members receive free professional indemnity insurance as part of their membership.
Did you know...
That AHRI is representing 21,000 HR professionals from Australia and around the globe?
70 YEARS OF HR IN AUSTRALIA
In 2013, AHRI celebrated 70 years as an institute. In HRmonthly magazine, we reflect on how the profession has evolved.