Mental health at work. This course consists of 1x 90 minute session on 4 May (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
MENTAL HEALTH AT WORK
Formerly known as 'Mindfulness, Mental health at work'
With nearly half of Australians experiencing a mental health problem in their lifetime, and around one quarter affected every year by conditions such as anxiety, stress management, depression and other mental health illnesses, it is likely that at some point managers and employees will be either directly or indirectly impacted.
This course provides participants with information on mental health awareness, stress management and effective strategies to manage health and wellness appropriately in the workplace.
Course delivery mode: Blended online
Course duration: Half-day
Learner effort: 3 hours
CPD Points: 3
AHRI Members: $345.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
Key learning outcomes
Following the training you will be able to:
- Apply an increased awareness and understanding of mental illness in the workplace, including recognising the signs and symptoms
- Improve your awareness of support available to managers and staff
- Employ strategies to cope with an increased workload and pressure
- Use tools to manage health and well-being at work
- Understand how to become more resilient in the workplace
Who should enrol
This course is suitable for all staff, including team leaders wanting to understand the implications of mental health in the workplace and the benefits of promoting health and well-being.
Blended learning option available for this course
Blended learning combines the value of online workshops with the self-paced learning of elearning delivery. You'll participate in workshops with fellow students, and then apply your learnings in practical tasks and further learning activities.
How it works
This blended online course consists of:
- Pre-course engagement – self-directed learning activities (approx. 30 minutes)
- Live facilitator-led online session – a 90-minute live facilitator-led workshop session
- Self-directed learning and workplace application (approx. 30 minutes)
- Post-course self-directed reflective practice (approx. 30 minutes)