Discover how to:
With nearly half of Australians experiencing a mental health issue in their lifetime, and around one quarter affected every year by conditions such as anxiety, stress, depression and other mental health illnesses, it is highly likely that at some point managers and employees will be either directly or indirectly impacted.
This course examines mental health awareness, stress management and effective strategies to manage health and wellness in the workplace.
Course topics include:
The impact of poor mental health in the workplace
- Understanding mental illness
- Creating a safe and healthy workplace
- Case study on the impact and management of a mental health issue in the workplace
Upcoming Mental Health at Work and related short courses
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
– Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
– Participation in two 90-minute live interactive learning sessions with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace