Topic 2: Recruitment and workplace relations
This topic covers the essential elements of employment practice – from recruitment through to retirement – including current legislation that underpins that practice. It demonstrates how to effectively integrate the processes of sourcing, recruiting, and selecting the best candidates to achieve business goals. It will focus on how to manage the employment relationship to increase retention and ensure that the process of dismissal is conducted in a fair, respectful and legally compliant manner.
The topic addresses the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to work with employee and industrial relations policies and procedures. It covers communicating and implementing employee relations policies and procedures that meet statutory and legislative requirements, assisting in dealing with employee relations conflicts and issues, and generally working towards a harmonious industrial relations climate in the workplace.
Upon completion of Topic 2, participants should be able to:
- Understand the design of recruitment and selection processes
- Plan for recruitment and selection of employees
- Design behavioural questions that are relevant to recruitment requirements
- Support the selection process
- Induct successful candidates
- Link the sourcing and development of talent to the organisation's business goals
- Understand the way that Australian legislation determines labour management and ethical accountability in the employment cycle.
This topic meets the requirements of the following units of competency:
- BSBHRM405 Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBWRK411 Support employee and industrial relations procedures
Topics - BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.