AHRI Practising Certification Program
About the program
Start your journey towards becoming a Certified HR Practitioner by enrolling in the AHRI Practising Certification Program.
The AHRI Practising Certification Program (APC) is an industry-recognised equivalent of an AQF level 8 postgraduate program, designed to ensure the highest possible standards of HR practice and ultimately lead to professional certification upon graduation. This work-integrated program includes an in-depth examination of the key functions of HR management competencies and their application in the business environment, the organisation and the individual. Access to a workplace is essential for participants to complete their final capstone unit consisting of a work-based project in order to meet all requirements for professional HR certification.
DOWNLOAD 2017 PROGRAM INFORMATION
The program information guide contains detailed information about learning units, structure, duration and investment.
Underpinned by AHRI's Model of Excellence, program participants will equip themselves with the professional HR capabilities and leadership behaviours to:
- Become a Certified HR Practitioner
- Apply HR thought leadership and insight to foster a productive and sustainable culture that drives individual and organisational objectives
- Build organisational capability and influence organisational objectives
Who is this program designed for?
This work-integrated program is ideal for HR professionals with solid on-the-job HR experience, who are seeking to advance their career by gaining professional HR certification.
Applicants must meet one of the following program entry requirements:
- Experienced HR professionals with a minimum of five (5) years' working in a HR role (without a formal qualification); or
- HR professionals with an undergraduate degree from a recognised tertiary institution and a minimum of two (2) years' recent experience in a HR role; or
- Experienced people managers or business leaders with a minimum five (5) years' relevant vocational practice in management, seeking to broaden and enhance their HRM capability
If you are not currently an AHRI member and you wish to commence your studies in the APC Program, please visit AHRI membership to learn how to obtain your professional membership prior to enrolment.
Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning Pathways
AHRI offers Skills Recognition through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer (CT) to recognise the skills and knowledge you have gained through formal study, life/work experience and non-accredited training.
The APC Program requires completion of four learning units:
Assessment in the AHRI Practising Certification Program is designed to assess the knowledge, skills and behaviours required of HR professionals in the application of advanced strategic HR management. Program participants will be applying their 'toolkit' of HR competencies and behaviours learnt throughout the APC Program, through a combination of theoretical and applied work-based assessments and reflections recorded in their learning journals.
Please note that program participants may only commence assessment for unit 4, after requirements have been successfully met for units 1, 2 and 3.
2017 program dates
|2017 Trimester||Enrolments open/close||Trimester starts||Trimester completion|
|1||Enrolments closed||27 Feb 2017||17 Jul 2017|
|2||Enrolments closed||31 Jul 2017||1 Jan 2018|
|3||1 Aug / 22 Sep||15 Oct||19 Mar|
Part-time: 2 years
The APC Program is offered over two years on a part-time basis. Participants undertake a learning unit per semester and are expected to commit 8 to 10 hours per week over the 16-week semester per unit. All four learning units of the APC Program must be completed within four years of commencement.
This method of learning offers participants the flexibility to study at a time and pace that suits them. Distance learners may choose to study all four units via distance, or attend a workshop if they prefer to access to a workshop learning environment for a given unit.
Workshop – NSW/VIC/WA/QLD
Workshop delivery provides facilitator-led interactive sessions on how to apply HR knowledge to practical situations.
Workshop – Perth, WA
We are currently accepting enrolments for the Perth workshop-based delivery for Units 3 & 4.
Please email email@example.com to register your interest
Workshop dates: Semester 2 2017
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4|
|Unit 1||1 Aug||4 Sep||2 Oct (VIC), 3 Oct (NSW)||30 Oct|
|Unit 2||8 Aug||29 Aug||26 Sep||24 Oct|
|Unit 4||10 Aug||11 Aug||5 Oct||2 Nov|
*Workshops can be cancelled at AHRI's discretion prior to the start of the program due to insufficient numbers.
For details on the program duration, download the 2017 Program Information
All program participants will be supported by an academic coordinator who is contactable via email and will answer any questions about program content and assessments. Participants also have access to an online forum to connect and interact with others through course-related discussion and learning.
The AHRI Practising Certification Program (APC) comprises of four learning units. The fees for each unit vary depending on the delivery method you select – either distance or workshop.
LEAD THE WAY IN 2017 BY BECOMING A CERTIFIED HR PRACTITIONER
Demonstrate your ability and commitment to become a Certified HR Practitioner by applying for the AHRI Practising Certification Program (APC) in 2017. Like doctors, accountants and lawyers, getting your HR certification sets out clearly to employers and organisations that you meet high professional standards and practise good HR.
Since the launch of HR certification and the APC Program, many HR practitioners have taken up the distance learning option which means lower running costs in terms of venue hire and overheads. These economies of scale have enabled us to pass on cost savings to members who enrol in 2017 for two units or more of the APC Program via the distance learning option. In 2017 we seek to improve our commitment to the environment, and have included a paperless study option for the distance delivery format.
Fees per unit
|DISTANCE UNIT FEE||WORKSHOP UNIT FEE|
Please note: Fees are not subject to the Australia Goods and Services Tax (GST) as this is a GST-free education program.
Find out more
To find out more about about APC please contact an AHRI education team member at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1300 811 880.
To find out more about HR certification please click here.
Where to next?
AHRI recognises the importance of continuous professional development (CPD) and learning for graduates of the AHRI Practising Certification Program (APC).
We work with 18 university partners who offer AHRI accredited postgraduate qualifications so that APC graduates can broaden their knowledge base and strategic skills by continuing their study into HR postgraduate qualifications.
We are also securing pathways for APC graduates to earn credits towards non-HR streamed MBAs with selected university partners. This offers APC graduates opportunities to acquire skills beyond HR by pursuing business degree MBAs.
Currently we have secured articulation arrangements for APC graduates with Griffith University, Curtin Business Graduate School, Edith Cowan University, Deakin University, Central Queensland University (CQUniversity), Charles Sturt University, La Trobe University, AIM Business School and Murdoch University for the following programs:
- Australian Institute of Business
- 3 credits towards their Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 1 unit of credit towards their Masters of Business Administration MBA (HRM) and other specialisations
- Griffith University
- Curtin Graduate Business School
- 4 units of credit towards their MBA
- 3 units of credit towards your MBA (Leadership)
- 2 units of credit towards their MBA (Oil and Gas)
- Edith Cowan University
- Up to 3 units of credit towards their Master of Human Resource Management
- Deakin University
- Up to 4 units of credit towards their Master of Human Resource Management
- Central Queensland University (CQUniversity)
- Exemptions towards their Master of Human Resource Management CC72 for
- HRMT20024 Managing Human Resources
- HRMT20026 Strategic Human Resource Management
- HRMT20027 Employment Relations
- Exemptions towards their Master of Human Resource Management CC72 for
- Charles Sturt University
- 4 subjects' credit towards their Master in Human Resource Management
- La Trobe University
- 2 units of credit towards their Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- AIM Business School
- 4 units of credits towards their Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Murdoch University
- 3 units of credits towards their Master of Human Resources Management (MHRM
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.