Having difficult conversations. This course consists of 2x 90 minute sessions on 21 and 28 May (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
Having Difficult Conversations
Workplace issues arise due to miscommunication or a lack of communication in the workplace. Often, by applying effective communication techniques, such issues can be resolved quickly and informally before they escalate to a dispute that requires third party intervention. Having a difficult conversation in the workplace can often be an uncomfortable and challenging experience.
Learn how to manage these types of conversations and achieve the best possible outcomes whilst maintaining harmonious working relationships. Learn about the four stages of a difficult conversation how to prepare, plan and conduct a difficult conversation and build conversation skills through applying effective communication techniques and reflective practice.
Course delivery mode: Blended online
Course duration: One week
Learner effort: Approx. 5-6 hours
CPD Points: 7
AHRI Members: $545.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
Key learning outcomes
Following the training you will be able to:
- Prepare and plan for a difficult conversation
- Communicate effectively during a difficult conversation
- Applying active listening skills
- Respond rationally and effectively whilst managing your emotions
- Maintaining harmonious working relationships after conducting a difficult conversation
Who should enrol
This course is suitable for managers, team leaders and supervisors seeking to build their confidence and capability in managing difficult conversations in the workplace.
Blended learning option available for this course
Blended learning combines the value of online workshops with the self-paced learning of elearning delivery. You'll participate in workshops with fellow students, and then apply your learnings in practical tasks and further learning activities.
100% online study
Offering flexible and convenient courses delivered 100% online by expert HR and business leaders to help you fill your skill gap needs in this ever-changing environment. Face to Face learning may be made available at a later date.
How it works
This blended online course consists of:
- Pre-course engagement – self-directed learning activities (approx. 30 minutes)
- Live facilitator-led online sessions – two 90-minute live facilitator-led workshop sessions across a one week timeframe (i.e. 3 hours)
- Between session self-directed learning and workplace application (approx. 60 minutes)
- Post-course self-directed reflective practice (approx. 30 minutes)
Hear from the facilitator: What you can expect to learn in this course
Hear from facilitator Anna Blackett as she explains why being able to have difficult conversations is relevant throughout your working life.