Bullying and harassment. This course consists of 1x 90 minute session on 7 September (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
Bullying and Harassment
All individuals are legally and/or duty bound to take all reasonable steps to eliminate bullying, harassment and violence in the workplace. Managers, team leaders and supervisors have a responsibility to ensure that relevant legislation and company policies and procedures are both understood and abided by to prevent and deter these behaviours from occurring.
This course provides knowledge of legal and duty of care obligations, how to identify bullying, harassment and workplace violence, and prevention tools to ensure the organisation maintains a culture where such behaviours are not tolerated and are promptly addressed.
Course topics include:
- Introduction to workplace bullying and harassment – duty of care, compliance requirements and anti-discrimination legislation
- What is bullying and harassment?
- Responsibilities and obligations
- Resolution options – internal and formal complaint handling procedure
- Bullying and harassment case study
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to half-day course
Learner effort: 1 x 90 minute session + completion of pre-course tasks, online learning module and application activities
CPD Points: 3.5
AHRI Members: $345.00
Enquires: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in a 90-minute live interactive learning session with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Key learning outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Develop an awareness of why perceptions of bullying and harassment can differ between individuals
- Understand the need for compliance and the business case for the prevention of bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Identify workplace bullying and harassment resolution options
- Respond to any instances of inappropriate workplace behaviour that may occur
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for HR practitioners, managers, team leaders and those seeking to understand and prevent workplace bullying and harassment.
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 239 642