Advanced Workplace Conduct Standards
March 1, 2024 @ 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM AEDT$460.00 - $650.00
What do you do when a chronic underperformer abuses their flexible work arrangement? How can you handle discrimination allegations against a manager who is taking affirmative actions? What does it mean to have a ‘zero tolerance’ policy?
Advanced Workplace Investigation Standards uses case studies to unpack the complexities of bullying, harassment, discrimination, and complaints procedures in the modern workplace, and provides HR practitioners with expert guidance to help navigate each situation.
The course explores the links between work standards, accepted practice and private life, helping bring an objective, supportive lens to employee conflict, misconduct, and underperformance.
This course is suitable for any HR or management professional dealing with complex complaints, working with diverse employees, or developing future policies and procedures.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand traditional definitions of each kind of conduct
- Understand online misconduct
- Know how and when values & missions can be workplace standards.
- Apply “zero tolerance” policies
- Be confident in distinguishing bullying from management or bullying from discrimination
- Understand harassment through the lens of objective (not subjective) consideration
- Identify cases of “legal” discrimination (not related to protected categories) and how to manage expectations
- Apply criteria to distinguish work issues from private life
- Distinguish underperformance from misconduct and manage conflicting processes
- Apply strategies for managing misconduct around flexible work arrangements
- Manage issues where accepted practice conflicts with workplace standards
- Manage misconduct where parties appear complicit or consenting
Other Course Information
Delivery mode: Virtual Workshop
Live session date: Friday 1 March
Live session time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
You will obtain 3 CPD points for completing this short course