Investigating Workplace Misconduct
September 22 @ 9:00 AM - September 23 @ 12:40 PM AEST$695.00
Few things can be more challenging than handling a serious complaint of misconduct in the workplace, particularly when it is an allegation of sexual discrimination or bullying. This course provides participants with the knowledge and practical skills to assess complaints, gather corroborative information, and make critical decisions based on investigation outcomes. The Investigating Workplace Misconduct course includes case studies to highlight current case law and the latest research on methods of investigating workplace misconduct, including interviewing techniques and the accessibility of digital information. This course is offered by AHRI in partnership with Wise Investigations. It is facilitated by a workplace investigation specialist to ensure participants have access to current and best practice workplace investigation practices.
This course is suitable for HR professionals with 1-5 years’ experience wanting to expand their knowledge and learn more about workplace investigations best practice.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Explain the role of a workplace misconduct investigation within the legal and organisational policy framework
- Recognise when a conflict of interest arises
- Conduct preliminary interviews with complainants and obtain statements of complaint using the PEACE model of interviewing
- Identify a range of sources of evidence including digital formats
- Develop an investigation plan
- Draft letters of allegation that meet legal requirements
- Evaluate evidence gathered in a workplace misconduct investigation
Other Course Information
Delivery mode: Virtual Workshop
Live session dates: Thursday 22 and Friday 23 September
Live session times: 9:00 am – 12:40 pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
You will obtain 7 CPD points for completing this short course.
Registration close: Wednesday 14 September
Having trouble registering? Contact Us or phone 1300 811 880.
By confirming your registration you agree to AHRI’s Terms & Conditions.