Investigating workplace misconduct
- Course Type:
- Short Course
- 1 day
- CPD Hours:
- 7 hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
- NSW - 28th May 2018 9:00am-5:00pm | ENROL
IS THIS COURSE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR STATE AT THE MOMENT?
Let us know you're interested in enrolling by clicking this link.
Few things can be more challenging than handling a serious complaint of misconduct, particularly when it is an allegation of sexual discrimination or bullying. This course will provide participants with the practical skills to assess complaints, gather corroborative information and make critical decisions that affect employees.
This course includes case studies to highlight current case law and the latest research on investigation methods, including interviewing techniques and the accessibility of digital information.
This course is aimed at HR professionals with 1-5 years’ experience wanting to expand their knowledge and learn more about investigations best practice.
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of an investigation within your legal and policy framework
- Recognise when a conflict of interest arises
- Conduct preliminary interviews with complainants and obtain statements of complaint using the PEACE model of interviewing
- Identify a range of sources of evidence including digital formats
- Develop an investigation plan
- Draft letters of allegation that meet legal requirements
- Evaluate evidence gathered in an investigation
Course format is inclusive of group discussion, facilitator led discussion and skills practice supported by case studies.
Duration: 1 day
CORPORATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING
This course can be delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more relevant and cost-effective training solution. For more information contact our Corporate Accounts Team:
Phone: 1300 239 978
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.