Mental health at work. This course consists of 1x 90 minute session on 4 November (11am - 12:30pm AEDT).
MENTAL HEALTH AT WORK
With nearly half of Australians experiencing a mental health issue in their lifetime, and around one quarter affected every year by conditions such as anxiety, stress, depression and other mental health illnesses, it is highly likely that at some point managers and employees will be either directly or indirectly impacted.
This course examines mental health awareness, stress management and effective strategies to manage health and wellness in the workplace.
Course topics include:
- The impact of poor mental health in the workplace
- Understanding mental illness
- Creating a safe and healthy workplace
- Case study on the impact and management of a mental health issue in the workplace
How it works
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to half-day course
Learner effort: 1 x 90 minute session + completion of pre-course tasks, online learning module and application activities
CPD Points: 3
AHRI Members: $345.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in one 90-minute live interactive learning session with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Key learning outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe what constitutes a mental health problem and mental health illness in the workplace
- Recognise signs and symptoms of mental health conditions
- Understand the types of support available to help address mental health issues in the workplace
- Identify workplace strategies to increase awareness of mental health and wellbeing
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for all employees, including team leaders, to build awareness and understand the implications of mental health in the workplace and the benefits of promoting health and well being.
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 239 642