Conflict and mediation. This course consists of 2x 90 minute live, facilitator-led sessions on 5 and 12 April (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
CONFLICT AND MEDIATION
While it is recognised that a degree of conflict is necessary for organisations to undergo successful transformation, HR professionals are acutely aware of the significant costs when conflict is not effectively addressed. Effective conflict management is regarded as a core capability for both HR professionals and line managers.
This course explores identifying, managing and resolving team-based and interpersonal conflict in the workplace as well as using mediation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures for conflict resolution.
Key learning outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Identify the nature, causes and impact of workplace conflict
- Identify appropriate strategies for managing workplace conflict at an organisational, team and interpersonal level
- Define the industrial relations legislation regarding dispute resolution processes
- Apply skills in mediation and managing interpersonal and workplace conflict.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for HR professionals and managers who are seeking to build their skills and knowledge in managing and resolving workplace conflict and who are required to participate in workplace mediation practices.
How it works
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to one-day course
Learner effort: 2 x 90 minute sessions over one week + completion of pre-course tasks, online learning module and application activities
CPD Points: 7
AHRI Members: $545.00
Enquiries: 1300 811 880 / [email protected]
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in two 90-minute live interactive learning sessions with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 811 880
Email: [email protected]