- Where is the convention being held?
- How do I register?
- Can I share my registration with my friend?
- How can I find out about everything going on?
- I have a special dietary requirement. What do I do?
- Is the event accessible by wheelchair?
- Are speaker presentation notes and pre-reading material available?
- Where is the Gala Dinner being held?
- Where will I sit at the Gala Dinner?
- Where should I go on the day?
- Is there a cloakroom?
- Is there a prayer room?
- What are the public transport options?
- I'm attending the convention by myself. How will I meet others?
- I love social media. What will be happening online at the event?
- Can I volunteer at the event?
- What Visa do I need if travelling from overseas?
1. Where is the 2018 Convention being held?
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
1 Convention Centre Pl, South Wharf VIC 3006
Located next to the Yarra River in South Wharf, an inner city suburb of Melbourne
Access is also available via Claredon Street, opposite the Crown Casino complex
2. How do I register?
All registration options and links can be found on the Convention Registration Page.
If you are having trouble with your registration, contact our Delegate Registration Managers, Arinex via email or phone +61 2 9265 0700.
4. How can I find out about everything going on?
- In the lead up to the event, AHRI will send three 'Delegate News' emails containing useful information to help you make the most of your convention experience. Look out for these emails in the months preceding the event.
- Explore the National Convention and Exhibition website and check back regularly for event updates and pre-reading.
- Follow AHRI on social media
5. I have a special dietary requirement. What do I do?
Let us know! Then we can make the appropriate arrangements with the venue. If you have not already noted this on your registration form, contact the convention registration managers, Arinex, to inform them of your requirements. Once you are at the event, delegates who have ordered a special meal can pick this up from the special meals stand located in the exhibition hall, or at a dedicated location for the pre- and post-events.
All areas of the MCEC are accessible by elevator and/or escalators. Disabled car parking is also available.
7. Are speaker presentation notes and pre-reading material available?
All presentations made available by speakers will be available to delegates following the event. You will be emailed a user name and password to access PowerPoint slides and videos following the event. Pre-reading material will be posted on the National Convention website in the weeks leading up to the event.
The Gala Dinner will be held on Wednesday 29 August in the Melbourne Room on Level 2 of the MCEC. Pre-dinner drinks begin at 7pm. Your registration confirmation will show if you have booked for the Gala Dinner.
This dinner has fully allocated seating. If you have booked as part of a group you will automatically be seated together. If you have registered as an individual and wish to be seated with another registered delegate, please note their name on your registration form; otherwise you will be randomly allocated. Please note: seating requests will not be accepted onsite.
10. Where should I go on the day?
Those attending on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday need to check in at the Delegate Registration Area located between doors 7 and 8 of the Exhibition Centre's concourse.
You will be greeted by a registration staff member who will check you in and direct you to a name badge collection point.
Those attending a workshop on the Friday can proceed directly to level 2 of the Convention Centre (via staircase 1) and check in at the Workshop Registration Desk outside room 203.
11. Is there a cloakroom?
Yes, the centre has a cloakroom for both luggage and personal items. This is located at the centre's main reception desk at the Convention Centre Place entrance (South Wharf DFO).
We recommend leaving large luggage with your hotel concierge and using the cloakroom for smaller items only.
12. Is there a prayer and/or parent room?
Yes, the centre offers both prayer and parent rooms.These are located adjacent to the centre's main reception desk at the Convention Centre Place entrance (South Wharf DFO).
13. What are the public transport options?
A comprehensive network of trains, buses and trams link the MCEC with the city and beyond. For details on all these services, routes, stops and timetables visit the Public Transport Victoria website.
14. I'm attending the convention by myself. How will I meet others?
You will have plenty of opportunities to network with other convention delegates at the event. Be sure to join networking activities and social events such as the Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner, and take part in one of the scheduled meet ups in the exhibition hall during catering breaks. Find out more
16. Can I volunteer at the event?
Absolutely. The application Form for volunteers will be available shortly. Find out more
17. What Visa do I need if travelling from overseas?
Australia’s Department of Immigration has regulations surrounding the length of your stay, determined by your reasons for visiting Australia. The type of Visa you may require is described in the Business Events Fact Sheet.