- Where is the convention being held?
- How do I register?
- Can I share my registration with my friend?
- How can I find out about everything going on?
- I have a special dietary requirement. What do I do?
- Is the event accessible by wheelchair?
- Are speaker presentation notes and pre-reading material available?
- Where is the Gala Dinner being held?
- Where will I sit at the Gala Dinner?
- Where should I go on the day?
- Is there a cloakroom?
- Is there a prayer room?
- What are the public transport options?
- I'm attending the convention by myself. How will I meet others?
- I love social media. What will be happening online at the event?
- Can I volunteer at the event?
International Convention Centre (ICC) Sydney
14 Darling Drive, Sydney, NSW 2000
Located in Darling Harbour, on the fringe of the Sydney CBD
Visit the registration page for individual and group booking prices and to register online. Accommodation bookings can be made at the same time as your convention registration or at a later stage by logging back into your existing booking. Registration closes Friday 11 August 2017. For registration enquiries and assistance, contact the Convention registration managers, Arinex, by phone +61 (0)2 9265 0700 or email.
- In the lead up to the event, AHRI will send three Delegate News emails containing useful information to help you make the most of your convention experience. Look out for these emails in the months preceding the event.
- Explore the National Convention and Exhibition website and check back regularly for event updates and pre-reading.
- Follow AHRI on social media and read the National Convention blog.
Let us know! Then we can make the appropriate arrangements with the venue. If you have not already noted this on your registration form, contact the convention registration managers, Arinex, to inform them of your requirements. Once you are at the event, delegates who have ordered a special meal can pick this up from the special meals stand located in the exhibition hall.
All public areas of the centre can be accessed by wheelchair. Disabled car parking is also available at the centre.
All presentations made available by speakers will be available to delegates following the event. You will be emailed a user name and password to access PowerPoint slides and videos following the event. Pre-reading material will be posted on the National Convention website in the weeks leading up to the event.
The Gala Dinner will be held on Tuesday 22 August in the Grand Ballroom on Level 4 of the ICC Sydney. Pre-dinner drinks begin at 7pm. Your registration confirmation will show if you have booked for the Gala Dinner.
This dinner has fully allocated seating. If you have booked as part of a group you will automatically be seated together. If you have registered as an individual and wish to be seated with another registered delegate, please note their name on your registration form; otherwise you will be randomly allocated. Please note: seating requests will not be accepted onsite.
There will be multiple areas where you can check in upon arriving at the ICC Sydney. The main registration area will be located on the ground floor at the northern end of the centre, which is the entrance nearest the Harbourside Shopping Centre and the water. You will also be able to check in at the entrance to Exhibition Hall 1 located on level 2.
You will be greeted by a registration staff member who will check you in and direct you to a name badge collection point.
Yes, information desks on Merivale Street and Grey Street both have cloakroom facilities to assist with storing personal items. We recommend leaving large luggage with your hotel concierge and using the cloakroom for smaller items only.
A comprehensive network of trains, buses, ferries and light rail options link the ICC Sydney with the city and beyond. For details on all these services, routes, stops and timetables visit the Transport NSW website.
You will have plenty of opportunities to network with other convention delegates at the event. Be sure to join networking activities and social events such as the Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner, and take part in one of the scheduled meet ups at the Networking Hub in the exhibition hall during catering breaks.