Volunteer as a Network Convenor
What are AHRI Networks?
AHRI Networks are groups of HR professionals that share your interests and reside in your regional area. Networks are run by AHRI members that volunteer their time and expertise to expand the scope of knowledge in a specific HR area of interest.
Each network is led by a convenor whose role is to work closely with AHRI on a range of activities. AHRI Networks are important as they ensure there is a close link between AHRI and HR professionals across Australia.
"Volunteering is a win-win relationship. It’s great for AHRI, as it adds to the vibrancy, credibility and relevance of our professional association. And it’s great for the volunteer, as it builds their network, expertise, sense of making a contribution, and professional connection."
Your role as a Network Convenor
Your role as an AHRI Network Convenor is to generate professional development activity within your network, such as
- Coordinating network forums (events)
- Contributing to the AHRI body of knowledge and
- Representing AHRI when interacting with members at network activities.
As the convenor you will attend each forum and have overall responsibility for managing the event onsite.
To be a Network Convenor, you must fulfill all the following requirements:
- You must be an AHRI professional member
- You need to have the support of at least two other committee members (may include a state council representative) to assist with forum planning, sourcing speakers and providing varied knowledge and connections
- You should be known to, and approved by, your local AHRI state council
- You shall not use AHRI events and forums as a platform to promote your own business
If you are an AHRI member and would like to join an existing AHRI network or establish a new network, please express your interest in writing including your resume and the names of supporting committee members (for existing network committee members) for review by the AHRI team, and the relevant AHRI State Council.
If successful, an induction process will follow with ongoing support from the AHRI CPD Events Team and the State Council.
Email us to find out more.