Trainer Profile: Alan Colvin CPHR
Alan is a practical and common-sense HR Executive with a passion for the power that proper People Management and Leadership can deliver to an organization. Alan worked at Hewlett-Packard Australia for 14 years, with his last role as the HR Director for HP Australia. He then worked as an HR Executive at Telstra for 12 years before spending the last 6 years predominantly running HR and Leadership courses. Alan became an AHRI Certified HR Professional in 2018.
- 2006 – 2012: TELSTRA: Director HR Corporate Units and Wholesale
- 2003 – 2006: TELSTRA: General Manager Human Resources, Business and Government
- 2002 – 2003: TELSTRA: General Manager Human Resources, Mobiles
- 1999 – 2002: HEWLETT-PACKARD: Director Human Resources, HP Australia
- 2000: Hewlett-Australia won inaugural Best Place to Work in Australia
- Talent Management
- Change Management and Leadership
- Performance Management
What are some of the current challenges facing the HR industry
- Balancing a cost-effective HR function with adding strategic value
- Developing the Leadership and People Management capability in an organization
- Implementing and understanding the power of cultural change
Why did you decide to get certified?
To stay current as an HR professional
As a professional, share a bit about your expertise and experience that you bring to facilitation
- Managed and lead people for 18 years in HR and in Finance and Administration
- Provided HR support to many business functions – finance, legal, sales, marketing, IT, communications, consulting, strategy, support, administration, etc.
- Practical approach to balance the academic AHRI approach