Unit 4 Capstone: Applied project in organisational capability
This unit is designed to consolidate learning from Units 1, 2 and 3 of the AHRI Practising Certification Program. It focuses on the demonstration and application of the AHRI Model of Excellence competencies and leadership behaviours that effective HR professionals require to:
- Apply HR leadership and insight to solve real business problems through HR strategy;
- Foster a productive and sustainable workplace culture; and
- Drive organisational objectives.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, AHRI must consider our duty of care to our students and facilitators. As such, we will be transitioning our scheduled workshops into a new ‘virtual workshop’ format, until it is deemed safe to run face-to-face workshops again.
The member experience will remain the same, with a full day of interactive education and professional post-workshop support as needed to all our students. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com or phone 1300 811 880.
By completing this study unit, you will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Apply HR skills, knowledge, practices and behaviours in the context of the organisation;
- Deliver a HR strategy / initiative within an organisational setting that enhances organisational capability; and
- Reflect and evaluate on current capability and identify future professional development needs.
Note: Participants must successfully complete Units 1, 2 and 3 in order to undertake the final capstone unit.
In Unit 4 you will plan and complete a work-based project in which you will implement an organisational capability initiative that solves real business problems. For participants who are employed during their studies, their workplace environment will be the setting in which their learning and HR competencies are applied and reflected upon.
This unit of study requires approximately 128 hours study time (including assessment), including 80 hours of self-directed on-the-job project work (approx. three hours per week, across two trimesters total of 30 weeks).
As your project sponsor plays an important role, we have available the unit 4 APC Program Sponsor Guide to download.