The focus of the QLD Analytics network will be to bring together HR professionals who are interested in or embarking on the journey to implement analytic tools and to develop personal and team competencies around analytics. Whether it’s a conference, article or workshop, many people are talking about HR analytics as a trend but little is being communicated about how to start an analytics initiative – we hope to fill this information gap.
There is also the opportunity to develop an awareness and mind-shift from using HR data to validate HR ROI (lag indicator) to the analytics approach which incorporates HR and business data together to quantify the ROI of HR practices on operational outcomes (lead indicator).
In the forum, the organising committee hope to engage speakers who will present on the various challenges of developing an HR analytics initiative:
- Building internal capability: How to build an analytics team
- Human capital valuation and ROI
- Data security and access
- Performance prediction
The format would include a 40-minute speaker presentation followed by a facilitated group discussion. Our first discussion will seek feedback from participants on topic interest areas.
Upcoming network forums
This network is run by AHRI members. They are HR professionals who volunteer their time and expertise to expand the scope of knowledge in this specific HR area of interest.
This committee is currently looking for committee members. If you are interested in joining the committee please contact us via email to express your interest.
Types of activities
- Assisting with the organisation and planning of the professional development calendar
- Discussing ideas, current trends and developments that are of interest
- Assisting with access to experts, both practitioners and thought leaders, for presentations and comment
- Developing research opportunities for recommendation to AHRI national office.