Introduction to HR Law
October 24, 2024 @ 9:30 AM - October 25, 2024 @ 12:30 PM AEDT$570.00 - $850.00
Understanding employment law helps HR practitioners to contribute to safe, supportive compliant organisations. This course provides participants with the key knowledge, principles and processes for effective practice, with case studies and discussion to help implement this practice in any organisation. This course is offered in partnership with WISE Workplace. It is facilitated by an employment law specialist to ensure participants have access to current and best practice employment law information and practices.
This course is of generalist nature and is suitable for HR professionals, managers and employees interested in developing an understanding the legislation that applies to employment relationships.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the employment law framework and hierarchy
- Locate and apply employment law principles and regulation for HR practice
- Understand the impacts of contracts, policies, mission statements and values in a workplace
- Manage risks and obligations in recruitment processes
- Understand requirement for inductions and training
- Manage expectations and understanding around flexible work arrangements
- Identify and support reasonable workplace directions
- Understand legal definitions and requirements for managing misconduct
- Navigate risks and obligations around employee exits
Other Course Information
Delivery mode: Virtual Workshop
Live session dates: Thursday 24 October and Friday 25 October
Live session times: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time)
You will obtain 7 CPD points for completing this short course.