Applied Emotional Intelligence
August 19 @ 11:00 AM - August 26 @ 12:30 PM AEST$670.00 - $900.00
Emotion has a significant impact on an individuals’ performance. Research shows that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are, and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood. Conversely, research also shows that people often perform their worst when they feel unproductive feelings, such as feeling overly worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful. Emotional intelligence involves a set of skills that help us perceive, understand and manage emotions, both within ourselves and others. You can learn about and apply these skills to improve your self-awareness, resilience, influence and relationships both at work and outside of the workplace. This course will help you improve your understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence and the impact emotions have on the way you and others think, learn, teach, lead, collaborate and problem solve.
This course is suitable for individuals who want to develop tools and techniques to effectively apply emotional intelligence.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate greater self-awareness and awareness of others
- Apply a technique for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback
- Demonstrate greater levels of workplace behavioural agility
- Examine how we can use proactive and reactive techniques to build resilience and effectively manage strong emotions
- Positively influence other’s emotions to drive high performance
Other Course Information
Delivery mode: Blended Learning
Live session dates: Monday 19 August and Monday 26 August
Live session times: 11:00 am – 12:30 pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
You will obtain 7 CPD points for completing this short course.