Post 1 July 2016 Immigration Update
- Course Type:
- 1 hour
- CPD Hours:
- 1 hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; TAS; NT; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
Thursday 14 July 2016
12:00 – 1:00pm (AEDST)
Please Note: Online webinar registrations close 24 hours prior to the webinar
Join Michael Walker and John Unger from TSS Immigration as they update you on the post 1 July changes to employer sponsored migration. This part of the webinar will focus on:
- Implementation of 457 visa program review recommendations
- Recent legislative and policy changes
- How to prepare for the above changes
Attending this webinar will assist participants to understand:
- Recent changes to employer sponsored migration
- Relevance of Employment Law to sponsored visa holders
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Termination of a visa holding employee and your obligations
- Role changes during employment
- Be kept up to date on the latest Migration Legislation and Policy changes
- Learn how the recent legislative changes impact your current visa holders, and future visa holders your organisation may intend to sponsor
- Understand the requirements for Australian employers in relation to sponsorship obligations around a visa holding workforce
- Gain further understanding of how Employment Law and Immigration Law interact
- Understand the relationship between the legislated Temporary Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) and guaranteed earnings
Michael Walker, Visa Services Manager – TSS Immigration
- Over 16 years experience in the immigration field.
- Immediate past National Vice President and Branch President Victoria / Tasmania of the Migration Institute of Australia.
- Specialist experience in all Australian visa sub classes, as well as large audits, compliance and migration training for corporate HR teams.
- Plays old man bowls and is a long- suffering Melbourne Football Club supporter.
John Unger, Director of Immigration – TSS Immigration
- Over 25 years experience providing visa and immigration services in the private and public sectors.
- John has extensive experience in the management of immigration services team and the provision of high-level migration advice.
- Specialist experience working with corporate organisations to assist them in understanding employer sponsored visas for their expatriate assignees, recruits from overseas and local hires.
- Served in a voluntary capacity as Board Chairman for Spectrum, the Migration Resource Centre in Melbourne.