Best Practice Immigration Compliance for Australian Businesses
- Course Type:
- 1 hour
- CPD Hours:
- 1 hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; TAS; NT; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
Thursday 29 September, 2016
12:00 – 1:00pm (AEDST)
Please Note: Online webinar registrations close 24 hours prior to the webinar
Join Michael Walker and John Unger from TSS Immigration - www.tssimmigration.com.au - as they clarify your employer sponsorship obligations and take you through strategies to assist in the management of your visa holding employees in relation to compliance and record keeping. Many HR teams face challenges when using the 457 visa programme. These can be related to implementation, compliance and keeping up with the frequent legal changes to the programme.
All Australian employers who have entered into a Sponsorship Agreement (have SBS application approved) with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection have obligations under the Migration Act. These obligations must be met, tracked and managed.
Attending this webinar will assist participants to understand:
- Recent changes to employer sponsored migration
- Employer sponsor obligations – strict liability
- Internal audit and compliance – is your HR team prepared?
- What records to keep
- Practical guidance for the management of visa holding employees
- Consequences of non-compliance
- Be kept up to date on the latest Migration Legislation and Policy changes
- Learn how the recent legislative changes impact your current visa holders, and future visa holders your organisation may intend to sponsor
- Understand the requirements for Australian employers in relation to sponsorship obligations around a visa holding workforce
- Understand how to track, manage and report on your visa holding workforce
Michael Walker, Visa Services Manager – TSS Immigration
- Over 16 years experience in the immigration field.
- Immediate past National Vice President and Branch President Victoria / Tasmania of the Migration Institute of Australia.
- Specialist experience in all Australian visa sub classes, as well as large audits, compliance and migration training for corporate HR teams.
- Plays old man bowls and is a long- suffering Melbourne Football Club supporter.
- Over 25 years experience providing visa and immigration services in the private and public sectors.
- John has extensive experience in the management of immigration services team and the provision of high-level migration advice.
- Specialist experience working with corporate organisations to assist them in understanding employer sponsored visas for their expatriate assignees, recruits from overseas and local hires.
- Served in a voluntary capacity as Board Chairman for Spectrum, the Migration Resource Centre in Melbourne.
John Unger, Director of Immigration – TSS Immigration