Workplace health and safety
- Course Type:
- Short Course
- 1 day
- CPD Hours:
- 7 hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
- VIC - 3rd Jul 2018 9:00am-5:00pm | ENROL
IS THIS COURSE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR STATE AT THE MOMENT?
Let us know you're interested in enrolling by clicking this link.
This course describes workplace health and safety (WHS) also known as occupational health and safety (OHS) in the context of the workplace. Under current legislation both employers and employees have duties and responsibilities to ensure a safe and healthy work environment. It is the social, ethical and legal responsibility of every person in the organisation to provide a safe and healthy work environment.
This course explains the duties and responsibilities of employers and employees in ensuring a safe work environment and the importance of managing risk, records and activities associated with WHS.
The course is aimed at HR professionals with between 1-3 years’ experience or managers who would like an introductory course on WHS.
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Highlight the importance of a safe and healthy workplace
- Explain the intent and application of Australian WHS legislation
- Describe the accountabilities, responsibilities and liabilities of management with respect to ensuring safe and healthy work environment
- Identify the different types of WHS issues in the workplace
- Understand how to identify existing and potential risks
- Describe importance of managing records in an online environment
Course format inclusive of practical exercises, practical tools and templates, case studies and actionable ideas.
Duration: 1 day
Note: This course is part of the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources, which consists of six one-day workshops. You do not have to enrol into the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources to attend this course.
CORPORATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING
This course can be delivered in-house for up to 20 people for a more relevant and cost-effective training solution.
For more information contact our corporate training consultants:
Phone: 1300 239 978
Contact the AHRI education team:
Phone: 1300 811 880
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.