Recruitment and workplace relations
- Course Type:
- Short Course
- 1 day
- CPD Hours:
- 7 hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
- VIC - 13th Dec 2017 9:00am-5:00pm | ENROL
IS THIS COURSE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR STATE AT THE MOMENT?
Let us know you're interested in enrolling by clicking this link.
Learn the fundamentals of the employment life cycle – from recruitment through to retirement – including current legislation and labour conventions that underpins practice. This introductory level workshop demonstrates how to integrate the processes of sourcing, recruiting and selecting the best candidates for the business to help achieve its goals. It will also focus on how to manage the employment relationship to ensure that the process of dismissal is conducted in a fair, respectful and legally compliant manner.
This program would suit HR professionals with between 1-5 years' experience who want to refresh their knowledge in this topic and managers and team leaders seeking an introductory course on workplace relations and recruitment.
- Understand the importance of implementing strategic recruitment approaches
- Explain how HR planning and job analysis assists in effective recruitment
- Outline the importance of orientation of new employees
- Understand basic industrial relations legislation and a number of legal [e.g. EEO, privacy] and ethical requirements in the workplace
Workshop format inclusive of group and individual activities and facilitator led discussions.
Duration: 1 day
Note: This course is part of the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources, which consists of six one-day workshops. You do not have to enrol into the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources to attend this course.
Contact AHRI Education Team:
Phone: 1300 811 880
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.