Building and developing talent
- Course Type:
- Short Course
- 1 day
- CPD Hours:
- 7 hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
IS THIS COURSE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR STATE AT THE MOMENT?
Let us know you're interested in enrolling by clicking this link.
This program explains the relevance and importance of building and developing talent within an organisation. It covers the different approaches to training and development, the importance of training needs analysis, the role of competency based training, understanding learning styles and how to create a learning plan.
Career planning and career management also plays a part in an individuals' development. Understanding how to best utilise such activities is important for both managers and HR professionals.
This program would suit:
- HR professionals with 1-5 years' experience seeking an introductory course on building and developing talent
- Managers seeking an introduction in this area
- Understand how to complete a training needs analysis (TNA) and learning development plan
- Describe the different approaches to training and development
- Understand learning styles, particularly those of the adult learners and apply them to their own learning
- Describe the importance of career planning and development
- Identify the different stages of a career and their impact on the individual and the organisation
Course format inclusive of facilitator-led discussion, individual and group activities, group discussions, skills practice, templates and resources.
Duration: 1 day
Note: This workshop is part of the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources, which consists of six one-day workshops. You do not have to enrol into the BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources to attend this workshop.
CORPORATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING
Do you want to deliver training in-house?
This course can be customised and delivered in-house, for up to 15 people, for a more relevant and cost-effective training program. For more information contact our corporate training consultants:
Phone: 1300 239 978
Contact the AHRI Education Team:
Phone: 1300 811 880
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.