Attracting and retaining talent
- Course Type:
- Short Course
- 1 day
- CPD Hours:
- 7 hours hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; TAS; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
- WA - 21st Jun 2018 9:00am-5:00pm | ENROL
Express your interest for future dates and locations.
The competitive labour landscape means that employee retention will become a critical challenge for employers now and in the future. Employers need to be creative about how they go about attracting people. The importance of linking attraction, recruitment and retention strategies and activities to the direction of the organisation and its values and vision is vital.
This course provides an overview of sourcing and attracting talent using current strategies such as social media, selection of staff to meet business requirements and tactics to retain employees.This course also discusses the stages and reasons for delivering each stage of the employment process against the backdrop of the business strategy.
This course would suit HR professionals or managers looking to focus on their talent management process.
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Use job analysis and design to ensure that the requirements for a role are clearly defined and appropriate to the needs of the business
- Use proactive sourcing strategies such as social networking to find candidates
- Define the key attraction and retention strategies for multigenerational organisations
- Use interviewing methods to get the best out of the selection process
- Understand the real cost of turnover and the impact of motivators in the workforce
Course format is inclusive of practical exercises, facilitator-led discussions, group activities and skills practice.
Duration: 1 day
CORPORATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING
This course can be customised and delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more relevant and cost-effective training solution. To find out more, contact our Corporate Accounts Team:
Phone: 1300 239 978
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.