Topic 6: Measuring HR effectiveness
This topic focuses on how to position and present HR initiatives in a way that prove the true value of human resource management (HRM) projects in terms of their potential for return on investment (ROI). It offers methods of researching, developing and presenting a business case, and gaining endorsement of management and other stakeholders with respect to HR initiatives.
Upon completion of Topic 6, participants should be able to:
- Research human resource functions
- Review policy and procedure frameworks in relation to HR functions
- Research and develop an HR business case that includes relevant financial references
- Identify and analyse key metrics that support an HR business case
- Identify key stakeholder influence and power relationships that impact on support for HR initiatives
- Use qualitative and quantitative measures to influence decisions
- Understand the concept of return on investment (ROI) and its practical application in determining and proposing value in relation to HR initiatives
- Report on HR functional related research outcomes
This topic meets the requirements of the following unit of competency:
- BSBHRM404 Review human resources functions
Topics - BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.