Topic 4: Performance management
This topic the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to assist in the effective implementation of a performance management system and to facilitate employee performance. The topic reviews how business performance indicators provide the context for performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring for individual performance. Participants will examine the role of managers in the implementation and success of performance management systems and processes. An overview of the performance appraisal process and performance management tips will be provided.
The topic also addresses the skills and knowledge required to assist with aspects of human resource management of a project, including establishing HR requirements, identifying the learning and development needs of people working on the project, facilitating these needs being met, and resolving conflict in the team.
Upon completion of Topic 4, participants should be able to:
- Implement, promote, review and improve performance management processes
- Conduct a performance appraisal
- Understand the importance of performance management as an HR tool being a key trigger in the achievement of behavioural change in organisations
- Assist in determining human resource requirements
- Contribute to establishing and maintaining productive team relationships
- Assist with human resources monitoring
- Contribute to evaluating human resources practices.
This topic meets the requirements of the following units of competency:
- BSBHRM403 Support performance management process
- BSBPMG413 Apply project human resources management approaches
Topics - BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.