Topic 3: Building and developing talent
This topic addresses the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to determine individual and team development needs and to facilitate the development of the work group.
Learn to identify the link between employee retention rates and having the 'right' development and training opportunities in place within your organisation. Job descriptions, job specifications and other HR tools can be used as a basis for defining the development needs of both individuals and teams within organisations. Participants will examine training needs assessment, training development and delivery methods, including how to develop a training needs analysis.
This topic also covers coordination of career development to address the present and future needs of the organisation, groups and individuals. It includes analysing career development needs, designing career development strategies, and implementing or managing career development programs.
Upon completion of Topic 3, participants should be able to:
- Use job descriptions, job specifications, performance appraisal plans and training needs analyses to define the competencies and determine skill gaps
- Define the best use of certain types of training or developmental interventions
- Determine development needs and strategies, including understanding the nature of development and training as motivational triggers
- Develop individuals and teams
- Monitor and evaluate workplace learning
- Analyse career development needs and implement career development programs
This topic meets the requirements of the following units of competency:
- PSPHRM008 Coordinate career development
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
Topics - BSB41015 Certificate IV in Human Resources
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.