HR to organisational development
- Course Type:
- Short Course
- 1 day
- CPD Hours:
- 7 hours
- VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; ACT
- AHRI Members:
- Course contact:
IS THIS COURSE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR STATE AT THE MOMENT?
Let us know you're interested in enrolling by clicking this link.
The goal of organisational development is to improve how the organisation functions through theory and practice. As HR practitioners increasingly move from transactional to transformational and strategic roles, OD provides a theoretical underpinning for practitioners to effectively embrace strategic and change initiatives.
This introductory course provides an overview of fundamental OD theories. It gives HR practitioners a toolkit with which to apply an organisational development mindset to their work in order to create awareness, alignment and commitment to working with business partners to achieve long-term success and viability.
This course would suit HR professionals with 1-3 years' experience who are seeking an introductory course in organisational development.
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Define organisational development in their own context
- Understand how general systems theory applies to organisational development
- Understand how to act as a critical thinking partner and advisor to business partners, peers and colleagues
- Balance conflicting needs of business partners, employees and the organisation
- Apply a structured approach to transition individuals, teams and organisations from a current state to a desired state in order to achieve required business results
Course format is inclusive of group and individual activities, practical tools and facilitator led-discussions.
Duration: 1 day
CORPORATE IN-HOUSE TRAINING
This course can be delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more cost-effective solution.
For more information contact our Corporate Accounts Team:
Phone: 1300 239 978
Find a Course
Prefer in-house training?
AHRI can customise all short courses and education to the needs of your company and its people.
Training Needs Analysis Tool
Create your HR career plan in 30 mins with AHRI's free online training needs analysis tool.