For businesses to grow and achieve strategic goals, they need strong foundations.
In conjunction with the CIPD, AHRI has launched a new, fast-tracked program aimed at mid-to-senior HR managers and organisational development specialists who are undergoing structural change in their organisation.
The Organisational Design and Development Program (ODD) is a five-day course structured around organisational design and how to build it effectively. It will cover the different stages of organisational development, leading you to effectively re-shape your business to meet future challenges.
You will also have the option to gain an Advanced Level Award in HR (Organisational Design and Development) awarded by the CIPD.
The inaugural cohort is currently only available to AHRI Members, and has strictly limited spots.
The course is held in Sydney, NSW, between 2 and 6 December.
Tackle organisational change effectively with the ODD Program
This program is relevant to anyone wanting to reshape their organisation effectively to meet the business challenges of the future. A degree-level qualification or relevant work experience is preferred.
The program delivers in-depth insight into how organisation design impacts both day-to-day and long-term activities. Through a comprehensive exploration of theory and practical deployment, this course will furnish you with the skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver immediate and impactful results.
- Understand the theoretical basis of organisation design and development and apply a context in terms of value and contribution to organisational life
- Identify and utilise available design options regarding organisational structures and relationships
- Put in place processes and systems that are necessary to maintain structures and relationships, and evaluation of same
- Utilise methods and procedures of organisation development and review their strategic impact
- Support change management through the application of organisation development strategies
- Exhibit an understanding of organisational culture, norms and behaviours
- Recognise the importance of the HR role in advising on these design and development choices and be able to support their implementation.
For a full list of prices and day-to-day breakdown of the course structure, please contact our HR Standards & Practice Team.
Tutor: Sylvia Baumgartner
Sylvia is an expert organisation development and design, change management and leadership development consultant, with extensive commercial, managerial and HR experience. Her experience draws on 20 years, international work in the retail, manufacturing, financial services, education, pharmaceutical, legal, charity, energy, health and engineering industries and across the private, government, and non-profit sectors. She has owned and successfully managed her own retail business and organisational development (OD) consultancy.
Sylvia also holds an MSc in People and Organisational Development,a certificate in Ontological and Somatic Coaching, a Diploma in Consultation and Group Facilitation (Tavistock Institute), a Diploma in Management and Leadership and has a Certificate in Psychotherapy and Hypnotherapy. Sylvia is also an accredited project manager with the Association of Project Management. She has written various articles on aspects of OD and organisation design and is frequently invited to speak on these topics at conferences.