Managing unconscious bias. This course consists of 1x 90 minute session on 11 June (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
MANAGING UNCONSCIOUS BIAS
100% online study
Offering flexible and convenient courses delivered 100% online by expert HR and business leaders to help you fill your skill gap needs in this ever-changing environment.
A skills shortage and increased competition are driving organisations to secure talent from an increasingly diverse group. Examining unconscious and conscious bias and the role it plays in the workplace will assist individuals and the organisation to effectively build a diverse and inclusive business.
The purpose of the course is to raise awareness of unconscious bias and its impact on workplace decision making. It will support change and improve diversity outcomes that contribute to organisation performance and productivity.
The content includes a focus on gender, disability, LGBTIQ, age and ethnicity.
Key learning outcomes
Following the training, participants will be able to:
- Establish a link between unconscious bias, diversity and inclusion and its impact on engagement and productivity
- Recognise the prevalence and impact of bias and take action to reduce bias in the workplace
- Identify techniques to reduce bias in the workplace and create a diverse and inclusive workplace environment
Who should enrol
This course is suitable for all employees, including senior managers supervisors and team leaders.
Blended learning option available for this course
Blended learning combines the value of online workshops with the self-paced learning of elearning delivery. You'll participate in workshops with fellow students, and then apply your learnings in practical tasks and further learning activities.
Corporate in-house training
This course can be customised and delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more cost-effective solution. To find out more, email our Organisation Support Team at email@example.com or call 1300 239 642
How it works:
Course duration: Half-day
Learner effort: 3 ½ hours
How it works:
The blended online course consists of:
• Pre-course engagement – self-directed learning activities (30 minutes)
• Live facilitator-led online session – a 90-minute live facilitator-led workshop session
• Self-directed learning and workplace application (60 minutes)
• Post-course self-directed reflective practice (approx. 30 minutes)
CPD Points: 3.5
AHRI Members: $345.00