Managing unconscious bias. This course consists of 1x 90 minute session on 24 November (11am - 12:30pm AEDT).
MANAGING UNCONSCIOUS BIAS
Skills shortages in some industry sectors and increased competition are driving organisations to secure talent from an increasingly diverse group. Examining unconscious and conscious bias and the role it plays in the workplace will assist individuals and the organisation to effectively build a diverse and inclusive business.
This course is designed to raise awareness of unconscious bias and its impact on workplace decision making. It will support change and improve diversity outcomes that contribute to organisation performance and productivity.
Course topics include:
- The business case for diversity and inclusion
- The concept of bias
- The impact of bias at work
- Strategies to manage and reduce bias at both a personal level and an organisational level
- Developing an action plan
Key learning outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to
- Recognise the link between unconscious bias, diversity and inclusion and its impact on workplace engagement and productivity
- Recognise the prevalence and impact of bias and take action to reduce bias in the workplace
- Identify techniques to reduce bias to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Apply frameworks for reducing and managing bias
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for all employees, including supervisors, team leaders and senior managers.
How it works:
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to half-day course
Learner effort: 1 x 90 minute session + completion of pre-course tasks, online learning module and application activities
CPD Points: 3.5
AHRI Members: $345.00
Enquires: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in a 90-minute live interactive learning session with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 239 642