LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
When stepping into a management role, the challenge shifts from personal performance to assuming responsibility for the effective functioning and performance of a work team.
This course provides a suite of tools and models for approaching the management of a work team. The course examines employing a variety of leadership styles, promoting responsibility and accountability, people development strategies, effective engagement and motivation of team members, and adopting a coaching approach to improve performance.
Key learning outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Identify the different stages of team development
- Effectively delegate and utilise time management skills
- Understand key differences between mangers and leaders
- Understand different leadership styles
- Understand and create key performance indicators
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for new and emerging managers and team leaders who want to improve their management capability and effectively lead their work teams
How it works
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to two-day course
Learner effort: 4 x 90 minute sessions delivered over 2 weeks + completion of pre-course tasks, online learning module and application activities
CPD Points: 14
AHRI Members: $1,145.00
Enquiries: 1300 811 880 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in four 90-minute live interactive learning sessions with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 811 880