Internal HR consulting skills. This course consists of 4x 90 minute sessions on 11, 12, 18 & 19 May (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
INTERNAL HR CONSULTING SKILLS
Organisations are experiencing unprecedented levels of change in an uncertain economic environment. Competitors are now global, markets are changing, customers are more demanding, and regulation and compliance requirements are increasing. This has a profound impact on the way in which HR practitioners consult with their business partners within their organisation to deliver people management solutions that drive business performance. HR roles have expanded and evolved to meet the increasing demands of their organisations.
In practice, HR professionals are now also expected to be ‘internal consultants’ to line managers and senior managers. This program explores the skills, tools, and frameworks that HR professionals require to effectively partner with internal stakeholders and embrace internal consulting practices.
Course delivery mode: Blended online
Course duration: Two weeks
Learner effort: Approx. 12 hours
How it works:
The blended online course consists of:
• Pre-course engagement – self-directed learning activities (approx. 30 minutes)
• Live facilitator-led online sessions – four 90-minute live facilitator-led workshop sessions across a one week timeframe (i.e. 6 hours)
• Between sessions self-directed learning and workplace application (approx. 2 hours)
• Post-course self-directed reflective practice (approx. 30 minutes)
CPD Points: 14
AHRI Members: $1,125.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
Key learning outcomes
Following the training you will be able to:
- Adopt an internal consulting approach to business issues and stakeholders
- Develop credibility through effective partnering to address business challenges
- Implement the four stages of effective consulting
- Use consulting frameworks, tools and techniques to diagnose issues and develop solutions that stakeholders ‘own’
- Operate with increased confidence and professionalism to achieve business outcomes
Who should enrol
This course suits HR professionals wanting to move from a transactional role into a business partnering role to become effective internal consultants within their organisation.
Blended learning option available for this course
Blended learning combines the value of online workshops with the self-paced learning of elearning delivery. You'll participate in workshops with fellow students, and then apply your learnings in practical tasks and further learning activities.
Updates to this course
AHRI has recently updated the content for this course which means that the hard copy textbook which was previously referenced throughout the course is no longer used. AHRI now uses the eBook version of “High Performance Consulting Skills” which participants are required to purchase independently. This eBook forms part of the required reading material for this course.
As a result of these changes, AHRI has reduced the course fee by $20 to offset the cost of the eBook which can be purchased via the Dymocks website.
NB: The hard copy version is also available via the above websites, however, please be aware that it comes at an additional cost and may not align with the course presentation.