Internal HR consulting skills. This course consists of 4x 90 minute sessions on 22, 23, 29 & 30 July (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
INTERNAL HR CONSULTING SKILLS
Organisations are experiencing unprecedented levels of change in an uncertain economic environment – with global competitors, rapidly changing markets, increasing customer demands, and more stringent regulation and compliance requirements. This has a significant impact on the way in which HR professionals consult with their business partners in their organisation to deliver people management solutions that drive business performance.
In practice, HR professionals are now expected to be ‘internal consultants’ to line managers and senior managers. This short course explores the skills, tools, and frameworks that HR professionals can use to effectively partner with internal stakeholders and embrace internal consulting practices.
This course addresses:
- The evolving role of HR
- What is internal consulting and how does it add value?
- The value of a consulting approach and what internal consultants can offer the organisation
- What makes a successful internal consultant or business partner?
- Effective stakeholder management
- The four stages of the internal consulting process and how to apply them
The course includes an in-depth case study and skills practice that focuses on the four stages of the internal consulting process.
How it works
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to two-day course
Learner effort: 4 x 90 minute sessions delivered over 2 weeks + completion of pre-course tasks, online learning module and application activities
CPD Points: 14
AHRI Members: $1,145.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in four 90-minute live interactive learning sessions with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Participants are required to purchase the eBook “High Performance Consulting Skills” which forms part of the required reading material for this course. You can purchase the eBook via the Dymocks website.
NB: The hard copy version is also available via Dymocks however, please be aware that it comes at an additional cost and may not align with the course presentation.
Key learning outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Adopt an internal consulting approach to business issues and stakeholder management
- Build and maintain internal relationships to become an effective business partner
- Develop credibility through effective partnering to address business challenges
- Implement the four stages of effective internal consulting
- Use consulting frameworks, tools and techniques to diagnose issues and develop solutions that stakeholders ‘own’
- Operate with increased confidence and professionalism to achieve business outcomes.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for HR professionals who want to move into a business partnering role and/or become an effective internal consultant.
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 239 642