Effective interviewing and selection skills. This course consists of 2x 90 minute sessions on 18 and 25 October (11am - 12:30pm AEDT).
EFFECTIVE INTERVIEWING AND SELECTION SKILLS
Selecting the best person for a job role is a critical skill for those with hiring responsibilities. Hiring decisions can impact the organisation’s performance and selecting the right job candidates is integral to business success. Managers and HR practitioners need to understand how to apply an effective, reliable and valid interviewing and selection process to ensure sound recruitment decisions.
This course offers a strategic and informed approach to interviewing and selection. It includes:
- Using a systematic interview and selection process to achieve sound recruitment outcomes
- Developing effective interview questions to address the selection criteria
- Using behavioural based interview questions
- Legal considerations associated with recruitment
- Screening job applicants
- Structuring the interview process (including virtual interviews)
- Evaluating candidates accurately
- Conducting pre-employment checks
- Assessing information and making the selection decision
- Providing feedback to job candidates
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to one-day course
Learner effort: 2 x 90 minute live online sessions over one week + completion of pre-course tasks, online learning module and application activities
CPD Points: 7
AHRI Members: $545.00
Enquiries:03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in two 90-minute live interactive learning sessions with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
- Apply a systematic selection process, which includes structured interviews and probing of candidates to effectively address selection criteria
- Prepare and use behavioural interview techniques which address key selection criteria
- Work as part of a selection panel to assess and integrate data from candidates and objectively evaluate against the selection criteria
- Produce objective evidence-based reports regarding the selection process to facilitate effective recruitment decision making
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for HR professionals, managers, team leaders and employees involved in the interviewing process and those wanting to improve their interviewing and selection skills.
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 239 642