Effective interviewing and selection skills. This course consists of 2x 90 minute sessions on 19 and 26 February (11am - 12:30pm AEDT).
EFFECTIVE INTERVIEWING AND SELECTION SKILLS
100% online study
Offering flexible and convenient courses delivered 100% online by expert HR and business leaders to help you fill your skill gap needs in this ever-changing environment.
Selecting the best person for a job role is a critical skill for those with hiring responsibilities. Hiring decisions can impact the organisation’s performance and selecting the right job candidates is integral to business success. Managers and HR practitioners need to understand how to apply an effective, reliable and valid interviewing and selection process to ensure sound recruitment decisions.
This course offers a strategic and informed approach to the interviewing and selection process. It includes:
- Identifying skills and competencies for the job role
- Developing effective interview questions to address the selection criteria
- Legal considerations associated with recruitment
- Structuring the interview
- Checking referees
- Evaluating candidates accurately
- Assessing information and making the selection decision
- Providing feedback to the unsuccessful candidates
- Inducting and engaging new employees.
Key learning Outcomes
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Apply a systematic selection process, which includes structured interviews and probing of candidates to effectively address selection criteria
- Prepare and use behavioural interview techniques which address key selection criteria
- Work as part of a selection panel to assess and integrate data from candidates and objectively evaluate against the selection criteria
- Produce objective evidence-based reports regarding the selection process.
Who should enrol
The course is suitable for managers, team leaders and staff involved in the interviewing process and those seeking a course on effective interviewing and selection skills.
Blended learning option available for this course
Blended learning combines the value of online workshops with the self-paced learning of elearning delivery. You'll participate in workshops with fellow students, and then apply your learnings in practical tasks and further learning activities.
Corporate in-house training
This course can be customised and delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more cost-effective solution. To find out more, email our Organisation Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 239 642
How it works
This blended online course consists of:
- Pre-course engagement – self-directed learning activities (30 minutes)
- Live facilitator-led online sessions – two 90-minute live facilitator-led workshop sessions across a one week timeframe (i.e. 3 hours)
- Between sessions self-directed learning and workplace application (60 minutes)
- Post-course self-directed reflective practice (approx. 30 minutes)
Course delivery modes: Blended online
Course duration: One week
Learner effort: Approx. 5-6 hours
CPD Points: 6
AHRI Members: $545.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au