Behavioural interviewing skills (9am - 12pm AEDT). This 2020 session does not conform to the same delivery method/content as the 2021 short courses listed on this page. For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EFFECTIVE INTERVIEWING AND SELECTION SKILLS
100% online study
Offering flexible and convenient courses delivered 100% online by expert HR and business leaders to help you fill your skill gap needs in this ever-changing environment.
Selecting the best person for a job role is a critical skill for those with hiring responsibilities. Hiring decisions can impact the organisation’s performance and selecting the right job candidates is integral to business success. Managers and HR practitioners need to understand how to apply an effective, reliable and valid interviewing and selection process to ensure sound recruitment decisions.
This course offers a strategic and informed approach to the interviewing and selection process. It includes:
- Identifying skills and competencies for the job role
- Developing effective interview questions to address the selection criteria
- Legal considerations associated with recruitment
- Structuring the interview
- Checking referees
- Evaluating candidates accurately
- Assessing information and making the selection decision
- Providing feedback to the unsuccessful candidates
- Inducting and engaging new employees.
Key learning Outcomes
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Apply a systematic selection process, which includes structured interviews and probing of candidates to effectively address selection criteria
- Prepare and use behavioural interview techniques which address key selection criteria
- Work as part of a selection panel to assess and integrate data from candidates and objectively evaluate against the selection criteria
- Produce objective evidence-based reports regarding the selection process.
Who should enrol
The course is suitable for managers, team leaders and staff involved in the interviewing process and those seeking a course on effective interviewing and selection skills.
Corporate in-house training
This course can be customised and delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more cost-effective solution. To find out more, email our Organisation Support Team at email@example.com or call 1300 239 642
How it works
Course length: 2 days
Effort: 3 hours per day
Format: 100% online, facilitator-led
CPD Points: 7
States: Delivered online, nationally
AHRI Members: $545.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au