Creating high performance teams. This course consists of 4x 90 minute sessions on 22, 23, 29 & 30 September (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
CREATING HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS
High performing work teams are essential to organisational effectiveness. Creating and sustaining a high performing team requires concerted effort, structured ways of working, and exemplary leadership.
Coaching skills help leaders take an active role in addressing and responding to the specific needs of their team to improve capability and performance and deliver effective business outcomes.
This course is designed to provide leaders with the necessary skills to build and sustain a high performing work team, develop the capabilities of the team, and tap into the full potential of team members.
The course includes the following topics:
- Team development – from team formation to high performing team
- Team roles and responsibilities – ensuring clear roles, responsibilities and accountability in your team and enhancing decision making capability
- Team innovation and creativity – stimulating creativity and innovation in your team
- Team dysfunctions – common team dysfunctions and how to counter them to ensure team effectveness
- Creating a positive team culture – building trust and minimising team conflict in your team
- Team leadership models – what’s the best leadership approach for your team
- Coaching team members to improve performance and achieve outcomes
How it works
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: Equivalent to two-day course
Learner effort: 4 x 90 minute sessions delivered over 2 weeks + completion of self-paced learning modules
CPD Points: 14
AHRI Members: $1,145.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in four 90-minute live interactive learning sessions with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Key learning outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Identify the role and responsibilities of a team, its purpose and stages of development
- Develop the skills to build team cohesion, trust and accountability
- Develop strategies to address team conflict through effective leadership and feedback
- Use coaching techniques and action planning to minimise conflict, promote open and clear communication, enhance decision making, and increase team productivity
- Identify the relevant skills and capabilities required by team to achieve goals and become high performing
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for managers, team leaders, project leaders and anyone wanting to build high performing teams.
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 239 642