Bullying and harassment
Course Type: Short Course
Course Duration: 1 day
CPD Hours: 7 hours
States: VIC; NSW; QLD; SA; WA; ACT
AHRI Members: $545.00
Course contact: email@example.com
There are legal and duty of care requirements for employers and management to take all reasonable steps to eliminate bullying, harassment and violence in the workplace. Managers, team leaders and supervisors have a responsibility to ensure that relevant legislation and company policies and procedures are both understood and abided by to deter and prevent inappropriate workplace behaviours.
This course provides up-to-date knowledge regarding legal and duty of care obligations, including the Fair Work Amendment Act 2012 anti-bullying measures. It examines how to identify and address bullying, harassment and looks at prevention tools to ensure the organisation maintains appropriate workplace behaviours that align with your company culture.
The course is suitable for HR practitioners, managers and employees looking to broaden their knowledge and skills regarding workplace bullying and harassment.
Following the training you will be able to:
- Understand why the perceptions of individuals can differ
- Understand legislative compliance requirements associated with preventing and addressing bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Understand the business case for the prevention of bullying and harassment
- Identify types and examples of inappropriate workplace behaviours
- Identify resolution options
- Respond to any instances of inappropriate workplace behaviour that may occur
This course runs for one day and the workshop format includes facilitator-led discussion, activities, skills practice, templates and resources.
For more information, contact the AHRI Career Support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 9918 9230
Corporate in-house training
This course can be customised and delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more cost-effective solution. To find out more, email our Corporate Accounts Team at email@example.com or call 1300 239 978