BSB41015 Certificate IV in HR
Topic 5: Workplace health and safety
This fifth topic for BSB41015 Certificate IV in HR addresses the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor the organisation's work health and safety (WHS) (also known as occupational health and safety or OHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements.
This topic also covers the identification and assessment of records for storage and the maintenance and monitoring of electronic business records.
Upon completion of Topic 5, you should be able to:
- Highlight the importance of a safe and healthy workplace
- Explain the intent and application of Australian WHS legislation
- Describe the accountabilities, responsibilities and liabilities of management with respect to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participation arrangements for managing WHS
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures and legal requirements for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for maintaining WHS records for the team
- Confirm requirements for recordkeeping in an online environment
- Identify and assess records for storage
- Monitor and maintain business records in an online environment.
This topic meets the requirements of the following unit of competency:
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBRKG404 Monitor and maintain records in an online environment.