Attracting and retaining talent
The competitive landscape means that employee retention will become a critical challenge for employers now and in the future. Employers need to be creative about how they go about attracting people. The importance of linking attraction, recruitment and retention strategies and activities to the direction of the organisation and its values and vision is vital.
This course provides an overview of sourcing and attracting talent using current strategies such as social media, selection of staff to meet business requirements and tactics to retain employees. You will learn the stages and reasons for delivering each stage of the employment process against the backdrop of the business strategy.
Course delivery mode: Available to teams only. Face-to-face and virtual options
Course duration: 1 day
Group size: Min. 6 and max. of 20 participants
Learner effort: 7 hours
CPD Points: 7
Includes: Practical exercises, case studies, actionable ideas and facilitator-led discussion
Key learning outcomes
Following this course participants will be able to:
- Use job analysis and design to ensure that the requirements for a role are clearly defined and appropriate to the needs of the business
- Use proactive sourcing strategies such as social networking to find candidates
- Define the key attraction and retention strategies for multigenerational organisations
- Use interviewing methods to get the best out of the selection process
- Understand the real cost of turnover and the impact of motivators in the workforce
Who should enrol
This course would suit HR professionals or managers looking to focus and refine their talent management process.
"I would highly recommend AHRI to any organisation who is looking for a cost effective and flexible training provider."
Katie Nash, Capability & Engagement Manager, Brown Family Wine Group