Applied emotional intelligence. This course consists of 2x 90 minute sessions on 20 and 27 August (11am - 12:30pm AEST).
Applied Emotional Intelligence
100% online study
Offering flexible and convenient courses delivered 100% online by expert HR and business leaders to help you fill your skill gap needs in this ever-changing environment.
There is a wealth of literature detailing the impact emotion has on individuals’ performance. This research has shown, for example, that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are, and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood. This research has also shown that people often perform their worst when they feel unproductive feelings, such as feeling overly worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful.
Emotional intelligence involves a set of skills that help us perceive, understand and manage emotions, both within ourselves and others. You can apply these skills to improve your self-awareness, resilience, influence and relationships within and outside of the workplace.
During this course, you will improve your understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence and the impact emotions have on the way we think, learn, teach, lead, collaborate and problem solve.
Key learning Outcomes
Following the training participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate greater self-awareness and awareness of others
- Apply a technique for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback
- Demonstrate greater levels of workplace behavioural agility
- Examine how we can use proactive and reactive techniques to build resilience and effectively manage strong emotions
- Positively influence other’s emotions to drive high performance
Who should enrol
The course is suitable for individuals looking to develop tools and techniques to effectively apply emotional intelligence.
How it works
Course delivery mode: Blended online
Course duration: One week
Learner effort: Approx. 5-6 hours
How it works:
The blended online course consists of:
• Pre-course engagement – self-directed learning activities (approx. 30 minutes)
• Live facilitator-led online sessions – two 90-minute live facilitator-led workshop sessions across a one week timeframe (i.e. 3 hours)
• Between session self-directed learning and workplace application (approx. 60 minutes)
• Post-course self-directed reflective practice (approx. 30 minutes)
CPD Points: 7
AHRI Members: $995.00
Enquiries: 03 9918 9230 / Education@ahri.com.au
Corporate in-house training
This course can be customised and delivered in-house, for up to 20 people, for a more cost-effective solution. To find out more, email our Corporate Accounts Team at email@example.com or call 1300 239 978