Applied emotional intelligence. This course consists of 2x 90 minute sessions on 8 and 15 November (11am - 12:30pm AEDT).
APPLIED EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Emotion has a significant impact on an individuals’ performance. Research shows that people perform their best at work when they feel involved in purposeful work that develops who they are, and when they feel valued, cared for, consulted, respected, informed and understood. Conversely, research also shows that people often perform their worst when they feel unproductive feelings, such as feeling overly worried, frustrated, concerned, stressed, inadequate and fearful.
Emotional intelligence involves a set of skills that help us perceive, understand and manage emotions, both within ourselves and others. You can learn about and apply these skills to improve your self-awareness, resilience, influence and relationships both at work and outside of the workplace.
This course will help you improve your understanding of emotions and emotional intelligence and the impact emotions have on the way you and others think, learn, teach, lead, collaborate and problem solve.
Key learning Outcomes
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
• Demonstrate greater self-awareness and awareness of others
• Apply a technique for effectively asking for, and responding to, feedback
• Demonstrate greater levels of workplace behavioural agility
• Examine how we can use proactive and reactive techniques to build resilience and effectively manage strong emotions
• Positively influence other’s emotions to drive high performance
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is suitable for individuals who want to develop tools and techniques to effectively apply emotional intelligence.
How it works
Course delivery mode: Blended learning for individuals
Course duration: One week
Learner effort: 2 x 90 minute sessions
CPD Points: 7
AHRI Members: $640.00
Enquiries: 1300 811 880 / Education@ahri.com.au
The AHRI blended learning course combines self-directed learning with live online facilitated learning sessions lead by an experienced HR and business professional.
The course includes:
Engagement: Pre-course tasks and an introductory e-learning module to stimulate thinking on the course topic and prepare for online sessions
- Online learning module inclusive of theory and practice – interactive learning activities, case studies and practical application opportunities
- Participation in two 90-minute live interactive learning sessions with an experienced HR facilitator
Application: Workplace application activities and additional learning resources that focus on how learning can be applied directly in the workplace
Reflection: Opportunity to reflect on and share learnings to facilitate transfer of learning to the workplace
Corporate in-house training
Contact a member of AHRI’s organisation support team to discuss in-house delivery and/or customisation of this course according to your organisation’s needs.
Tel: 1300 811 880