QLD Employee relations/Industrial relations network
The QLD Employee Relations/Industrial Relations (ER/IR) Network aims to provide local AHRI members with a range of advice and assistance regarding employment and workplace relations matters and the policy environment.
The network seeks to explore specific topics of interest and involve participants in a range of activities including discussions, seminars and forums to develop their skills and knowledge about key aspects of the relevant frameworks and practical issues to successfully implementing changes in the workplace.
Topics of interest may include workplace agreement negotiations, transfer of business, Union right of entry, managing employee performance, managing industrial action and/or disputes in the workplace, managing ill and injured workers, termination of employment, workplace policies and procedures, unfair dismissal claims, discrimination claims, bullying and harassment, award rates, entitlements and related employment conditions.
- Thur 2 Aug - Discrimination - Recent Trends and Cases
- Tue 11 Sept - Managing Performance and Mental Health
The QLD Employee relations/Industrial relations network is run by AHRI members. They are HR professionals who volunteer their time and expertise to expand the scope of knowledge in this specific HR area of interest.
Types of activities
- assisting with the organisation and planning of the professional development calendar
- discussing ideas, current trends and developments that are of interest
- assisting with access to experts, both practitioners and thought leaders, for presentations and comment
- developing research opportunities for recommendation to AHRI national office
Find out more about Employee relations/Industrial relations at AHRI:ASSIST – a new member-only directory of information, reports, fact sheets, legal updates, checklists, guidelines and more.
Find an Event
Connect on a local level
AHRI Networks are groups of HR Professionals that share your interests, and are from your local area.