Credit Transfer (CT)
What is Credit Transfer?
Credit Transfer (CT) is defined in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) as:
… a process that provides students with agreed and consistent credit outcomes for components of a qualification based on identified equivalence in content and learning outcomes between matched qualifications.
This means, where a student has been found competent in a unit of competency through previous study, they may be eligible to receive recognition for that study as a ‘credit’ for an equivalent competency in the BSB40420 package that AHRI offers.
Students must supply formal documentation, along with their application. Documentation must be AQF certification documentation issued by another RTO or AQF authorising issuing organisation or Statement of Attainment or certified VET transcripts.
The credit transfer will only apply where:
- The student holds the same unit as included in the course they are enrolling into or
- The student holds an old unit that is deemed equivalent (by Training Package) to the new unit that is in the course they are enrolling into.
- The qualifications are less than 10 years old
Sometimes the unit will have been superseded and deemed as equivalent. Other times, the unit will have been superseded but not deemed as equivalent. AHRI can only grant credit where the unit has been deemed by the Training Package as equivalent.
The Application Process
CT applications and supporting documents (i.e. Statement of Attainment) must be submitted prior to the enrolment close date for each study intake. This will allow for either CT to be applied and enrolment in the remaining relevant topics.
- Candidate informs AHRI of intent to apply for CT by completing an CT Request Form and submits the completed for via email to [email protected]
- Student Support team confirms all units are deemed equivalent and confirms the credit transfer has bee accepted
- The candidate will be manually enrolled into their chosen pathway (Virtual Workshop or Distance Mode) for the remaining topics and Student Support will raise an invoice for the balance of the remaining topics to be completed to be paid by the student.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
What is RPL?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is defined in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) as:
… assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit.
That is, RPL is the process by which a person’s existing skills, knowledge and experience gained throughout life, regardless of how they have been acquired, are recognised towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
An AHRI qualified assessor will assess your skills and knowledge aligned to the relevant BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management unit/s of competency using:
- Part A: Information and work samples you have provided against the relevant unit of competency elements
- Part B: Your responses to knowledge questions.
The Application Process
RPL applications and supporting documents must be submitted prior to the enrolment close date for each study intake. This will allow for either RPL being granted and/or enrolment in the relevant topic/s.
- Candidate informs AHRI of intent to apply for RPL by downloading an RPL Request Form and returning the completed form to [email protected]
- AHRI provides candidate with a copy of the RPL Candidate Guide and RPL Application which contains information regarding the written responses and the range and types of evidence the candidate must provide.
- Student completes the RPL Application and gathers their portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence in the relevant topics and submits it to the assessor, making the necessary payment (see RPL Costs) to AHRI.
- AHRI assigns a qualified assessor to review evidence and conduct RPL assessment.
- AHRI provides results of RPL assessment within 14 days
This is a nationally-accredited vocational program recognised throughout Australia. (RTO provider number: 110087)