AHRI’s BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management is designed to set aspiring HR professionals up for success.
BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resource Management
Topic 6: Workplace health and safety
BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
BSBHRM531 Coordinate health and wellness programs
Topic 6 addresses the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement and monitor the organisation’s work health and safety (WHS) (also known as occupational health and safety or OHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area in order to meet legislative requirements.
This topic also covers the skills and knowledge required to coordinate programs with a health and wellbeing focus. It addresses researching employee health issues, planning and evaluating a range of programs associated with the health and wellbeing of employees within an organisation.
- Highlight the importance of a safe and healthy workplace
- Explain the intent and application of Australian WHS legislation
- Describe the accountabilities, responsibilities and liabilities of management with respect to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participation arrangements for managing WHS
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures and legal requirements for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for maintaining WHS records for the team
- Research and analyse employee health issues
- Plan health and wellness program
- Coordinate program
- Evaluate and improve program
To gain this nationally recognised qualification, you’ll need to have completed 12 units of competency on the following topics:
This is a nationally-accredited vocational program recognised throughout Australia.
RTO provider number: 110087
AHRI is a career partner to over 16,000 members across Australia’s HR community. We help them to build productive, engaged and future-ready workforces.
Join today to receive support and guidance throughout your entire career.