Unit 1: The strategic HR professional
This unit provides an overview of the HR profession, and examines management theory, historical practices and continuous research behind the competencies required of today’s HR professional. Participants will consider the value of strategic HR practices to organisational performance and how they are measured.
This unit will enable you to:
- Practise as an HR professional from a sound base of management and HR theory;
- Identify strategies and initiatives that can orient an organisation’s HR practice towards meeting current and future business challenges;
- Draw on strategic management theories, frameworks and processes, and analyse the organisation’s strategic direction and HR strategy;
- Design effective HR strategies and practices which assist the organisation in meeting its strategic objectives and that align with the culture of the organisation;
- Understand the role of the HR professional and improve HR competencies by assessing current competency levels against the AHRI Model of Excellence;
- Draw on a range of change management models to plan, implement and evaluate a change initiative within the organisation; and
- Identify suitable HR key performance indicators, evaluation models and tools, and evaluate and report on the value of HR practice in the organisation.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, AHRI must consider our duty of care to our students and facilitators. As such, we will be transitioning our scheduled workshops into a new ‘virtual workshop’ format, until it is deemed safe to run face-to-face workshops again.
The member experience will remain the same, with a full day of interactive education and professional post-workshop support as needed to all our students. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected] or phone 1300 811 880.
By completing this study unit, you will achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Apply contemporary human resource management strategies and practice to achieve organisational objectives
- Understand the role, core competencies and behaviours required of HR professionals and their impact on the organisation, and employ these competencies and behaviours through an understanding of the organisational context to achieve organisational objectives.
This unit of study requires approximately 128 hours study time (including assessment).