We've got you covered
There are risks associated with being an HR professional. Recent legislative changes opened up the options leading to the personal liability of individual HR practitioners found to have breached the law. In response to this, AHRI launched AHRI ProCover, a professional indemnity master policy for professional members.
We partnered with Austbrokers Countrywide to bring you a professional indemnity insurance policy that will keep you covered when you need it. AHRI ProCover protects you from risks as an employee where your employer may not protect you, or you may be held personally liable.
In most cases, financial AHRI professional members are automatically covered. (See below for exclusions)
If you're not an AHRI professional member but would like to enjoy the peace of mind that AHRI ProCover brings, become a member.
Who is protected by AHRI ProCover?
- All financial AHRI professional members: GAHRI, MAHRI, CAHRI, CPHR, FCPHR, FAHRI or Life Fellow*
- Employee members exposed to litigation with no cover from their employer or are personally named in a legal action relating to their HR activities All consultants (small business owners) who are financial AHRI members and generate gross fees of up to $150,000 annually from HR related consultancy advice services
- All consultants (small business owners) who are financial AHRI members and generate gross fees of up to $150,000 annually from HR related consultancy advice services
*Affiliate and student members are not covered by AHRI ProCover and may upgrade their membership level if working in an HR function. Upgrade now. Retired members are also not covered as part of their discounted rate.
Renewing your AHRI membership
Ensure that you continue to be covered by AHRI ProCover by renewing your AHRI professional membership before the payment due date. If payment for your AHRI membership renewal is not received by the due date, you will be considered a non-financial member and you will no longer be covered under the AHRI ProCover for current or past incidents.
For general information on AHRI ProCover or to check your membership status or level please call 1300 811 880 to speak to a AHRI Membership Support or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Certificate of Currency and Policy Outline Documents
If you are already a qualifying AHRI member you can find your Certificate of Currency as evidence of your cover under the AHRI ProCover policy and your policy coverage outline document from within your AHRI Profile via the "Pro-Cover" tab
Contact Austbrokers Countrywide directly on 1800 245 123 for specific policy details or assistance with any of the following:
- Learn about exclusive discounts for AHRI consultant members with business income in excess of $150,000 (gross) per annum, and get an obligation-free quotation
- Discuss other insurance options including public liability, particularly for AHRI members who undertake broader business activities beyond HR
DISCLAIMER: The AHRI Professional Indemnity Master Policy (AHRI ProCover) is exclusively available to current financial AHRI professional members: registered Graduate Member, Professional Member MAHRI, Professional Member CAHRI, Fellow FAHRI, Certified Practitioner CPHR and Fellow Certified Practitioner FCPHR or Life Fellow. Affiliate and student members are not covered by this policy and should seek to upgrade if working in an HR function. AHRI ProCover is underwritten by Pacific Indemnity Underwriting Solutions Pty Ltd ACN 606 511 639 - on behalf of CGU Insurance Limited ABN 27 004 478 371 via Austbrokers Countrywide. Austbrokers Countrywide holds Australian Financial Services Licence No. 244436 under the Corporations Act 2001 to provide General Insurance Broking Services.