AHRI members are represented by State Councils comprising elected members in all eight states and territories. Councillors act as a voice for the members and advise the AHRI Board, through the Council of State Presidents, on issues affecting the development of the profession and members within its state or territory.
State councils are the primary form of member representation. It is essential that state councils be made up of members who are representative of the AHRI membership base.
The position of state councillor is a voluntary role which enables professional members to contribute to driving the strategic direction of the institute and the HR profession. The National President and CEO are committed to consult regularly with state councils to seek their direct advice on issues of importance to the profession.
Please consider your own involvement in the AHRI state council elections for 2020, either as a candidate or as a sponsor of a colleague whom you believe could make a positive contribution to the governance and growth of AHRI.
The functions of state councillors are to:
- Advise the Board, through the Council of State Presidents, on issues affecting the development of the profession and members within its state or territory.
- Foster development of human resources professional knowledge and skills of the members and enhance the profile of the profession within its state or territory.
- Promote the objects of AHRI as set out in clause 1 of the Constitution
- Uphold and enforce the Constitution's rules, regulations and By-laws
- Members who are certified HR practitioners (CPHR, FCPHR , CAHR, FCAHR or Life Fellows) or members working toward certification status are eligible to nominate for a position as a state councillor.
Nominations for new State Councillors commence 12 February to 28 February 2020 with elections commencing 10 March to 24 March 2020. The newly elected councillors assume their roles effective 1 July of the same year.
Click here to download the 2020 AHRI State Council Nomination Form.
For more information regarding the nomination or election process please contact Fiona Ray, firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9918 9224.