2020 is not a normal year and we’ve had to make some difficult decisions that impact the way you usually connect with us and each other. With the Federal Government restricting “non-essential gatherings”, and with the situation changing on a daily basis it’s with our deepest regret that we announce the cancellation of the following AHRI face-to-face events in 2020.
- AHRI National Convention and Exhibition, 14 – 17 September 2020
- Diversity and Inclusion Conference, 5 May 2020
- State Conferences in Tasmania, South Australia, Western Australia and Northern Territory,
scheduled for June and November 2020
- Awards program and dinner, applications were due to close 15 May 2020
AHRI’s Chief Executive Sarah McCann-Bartlett made this statement when announcing the cancellations:
“This was an incredibly difficult decision for AHRI to make. We appreciate that these events are an important part of your calendars that you look forward to participating in, and we understand that this news will be a disappointment to our delegates and partners. However, our primary concern is the health and safety of our members, our staff and the wider community.
These decisions will allow us to dedicate as many resources as possible to supporting members and the wider HR community through the challenges we’re facing.
We will continue to remain focused and pivot our thinking to provide you and your organisation with digital solutions and look forward to sharing updates with you shortly.”
We’ve made it easier for you to continue learning online by providing you access to:
- Live expert webinars – real-time expert advice and inspiration on topics that you need answers to most
- Transformed 30 short courses to fully online delivery – Same experience, wholly online
- Financial support to get you through – with our payment plan options for formal education
- Crisis tools and resources – stay informed and provide relevant advice to your workforce using our COVID-19 checklists and resources
- AHRI Assist – members have access to over 25 articles and documents to help establish agile policies for your workforce quickly and seamlessly. As a reminder, you can submit your COVID-19 related question.
We’re in this together. Stay connected.